Raksha bandhan comes around once a year, this year it falls on 7th August. It is a special day for brothers and sisters to celebrate their relationship and where sisters tie a rakhi to brothers symbolising the protection he provides for her. I wrote a post about the meaning behind Raksha Bandhan which you can read HERE and there’s also a FREE Raksha Bandhan printable colouring page.
Since many people are now buying greeting cards for Raksha Bandhan, I wanted to write a post with a few ideas on things you could write about and make it meaningful so here goes…
- Share a memory/story. Whether it be funny, serious or just a sentimental moment you’ve shared,, recall a memory that it special to you both.
- Tell your brother what he means to you. We don’t tell our brothers enough how much we love them or what they mean to us and Raksha Bandhan is the perfect day to say this.
- Say thank you. If your brother has helped you in any way, say thank you and let him know you appreciate him and everything he does for you.
- Bonding time. Use the card as an invite for a special day together doing an activity you both enjoy.
- Wish him ALL the blessings! Of course we want the best for our brother so send him your blessings and wish him all the best in everything he does.
Likewise, if you’re a brother buying a card for your sister to say thank you, think of similar things you can write about and make it meaningful!
Hope this has helped and give you some inspiration of what to write about in your Raksha Bandhan card. If you haven’t purchased a card yet but feel to, head over to the website HERE and get one now.